Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Favorite: Skincare Top 5


For so long my skin has been pretty normal I guess.  Nothing to report really- I rarely had breakouts or any other problems.  So I didn't worry much about a 'skincare' routine or what products I was using on my skin.  Then I had Emersyn and it was when she was about 6 months old that I noticed a big change in my skin.  Suddenly my skin seemed very sensitive to the product I was using and it became very dry and acne prone.  Needless to say I was freaking out!!  I don't wear lots of makeup, therefore having clear skin with a good complexion is really a must for me because I am not taking the time to cake on product.  I visited my local Ulta and spent hours watching beauty you tube videos looking for product recommendations.  These are my top 5 items that I feel like have really made a difference in my skin and that I would purchase again.

Clarisonic

1. Clarisonic Face Brush- this tool is hands down the best money I have spent on my cleansing routine ever.  It is also the most expensive! I have wanted to try this product for such a long time but it was a struggling with spending that amount of money.  Finally, I realized that I was spending money on off brands and it was time to invest in my skin.  So I splurged with some Christmas money and bought a Clarisonic Mia.  DONE!!! Never washing my face with just my hands again!!  Honestly it gets your face so incredibly clean you can feel and see a difference!!  Best money spent by far!
Clinique Moisturizer
2. Clinique Moisture Surge- My skin got really dry this winter.  I could barely apply any make up without it  getting flakey.  This moisturizer was recommended to me so I tried it out.  I really LOVED it!  It seemed a bit oily but that is what my dry, dry skin needed.  I used it at night and saw a noticeable difference in the morning.  I scraped this clean and I need to find something for the summer with some SPF in it, but I will remember this for next winter for sure.

Lush Exfoliator
3. LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub-This is an amazing exfoliate scrub.  It is from LUSH and its all natural ingredients.  I keep it in my shower and use it maybe once a week.  A little goes a LONG way with this product and rub gently because it is very coarse.  After using this product my skin is so incredibly soft and my make up goes on so nicely.  I will for sure be buying this again when I run out!

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
4. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion- This magic potion is perfect for a pesky blemish that you want to zap over night.  You simply put a small amount on your blemish before going to bed and over night this stuff literally dries out that spot and it looks noticeably better in the morning!

Purity Cleasner
5.  Purity- This daily face cleanser I have found to be very gentle and kind for my skin.  This is the cleanser I use with my Clarisonic.  It smells nice and hasn't irritated my skin- so I am happy with it!
As the warmer weather is here, I am now on the hunt for a new lighter moisturizer with SPF but the others will remain in my good skin routine!  If you have any moisturizer suggestions I would love to hear them.  I am also considering trying Argon Oil.  Oh and I think an eye cream needs to be in my routine as well- wrinkles and creeping to the surface!!
What are your favorite skin care products??? Anything I should try???

Product Links: 1. Clarisonic Brush, 2. Clinique Moisture Surge, 3. Ocean Salt Scrub, 4. Drying Lotion, 5. Purity Face Cleanser

4 comments:

  1. I use Aveeno on daily basis for face wash and lotion. My skin does the best with natural products. I have been using Olehenriksen, found at Sephora for my face scrub and recently eye cream. They have a few eye cream options, I am using the ultimate lift eye gel at night. It is light, cool, and soaks in well, some of the others are a thicker cream so it just depends of what you are looking for. I found with using the scrub at least once a week and being sure to moisturize well it takes away my dry skin. I have also recently been using BB cream that is tinted if I don't really want to wear makeup and it has SPF 30 I believe, it is also Aveeno. Its a cream but blends and soaks in well, great for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the great suggestions!! I have heard a lot about Ole Henriksen and I think I might give it a try!! Aveeno is such a cost effective brand- maybe I'll try their moisturizer!! thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd been debating on a clarisonic. After this I broke down and got one. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog is quite awesome that has provided me the best knowledge. Good post. It is very easy to buy.http://ergode.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...