Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Drawing Families

This little adventure all started because I wanted a picture of my own family drawn for an art gallery.  I didn't want a detailed (show every wrinkle) realistic drawing, more like a whimsical drawing that just captures the essences of who we are.  When thinking about this I naturally turned to Etsy.  This is a place that has EVERYTHING so I thought for sure I could find what I wanted.  After I searched Etsy shops that offered family drawings my natural 'Stout' (Stout is my maiden name and it is my creative side of the family) side came out and I could hear a voice in my head saying..."I could do that."  I hadn't drawn in years (besides fun teacher anchor charts), so I spent the next week drawing figures on everything I could get my hands on.  My husband was out of town that whole week so by the time he came home I had doodle on every note pad, mail envelop, and paper I could find.  After being home for about a day he finally said, "What are all these people drawings everywhere?"  I laughed and told him not to worry about it, that I was just working on something and I would fill him in when ready.  He knows me well- and knows my mind is always swirling with ideas.
After drawing random people from my imagination, I moved to using a picture to draw from.  I recruited some cute families of coworkers to start with.













After drawing these families for fun, I decided to start drawing and painting other items such as feathers, holiday items, nursery art, etc.  From there I have decided to open an Etsy store of my own!!!  I can't wait to showcase some of my art at the Pop Up Shop THIS SATURDAY, AUG.29TH FROM 12-5 (more info on Pop Up Shop on the side bar link)   However, I am even more excited to open my own Etsy store and see where this little adventure takes me.  I would be OVER THE MOON excited to draw more families and have a spot in many photo galleries!

Etsy store opens SATURDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...