Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Nursery ready for Baby!

Well after many months of shopping, planning, and organizing- the day was finally here... nursery install.  I organized the troops- (the designer) my sister Jessica, good friend Kelsey, sister to be Stef, my mom and aunt!  We worked for  the entire day- literally nearly 12 hours knee deep in DIY projects.  But I must say the result is something I think our little girl will love for years to come!! :)
We started the day with our white built ins that just needed a little something extra.
We went with a bold, graphic navy patterned wallpaper.
Here is the final product with the wallpaper and shelving- just waiting for some accessories.
When decorating the shelves we wanted to keep it minimal so you could see the wallpaper-.
Touches of color throughout the shelving
While making sure to keep them fun and child like
Stef has amazing ironing and steaming skills! 
On to other DIY projects- window seat cushion, hemming curtains, crib skirt from a twin sheet, and lots more! 
A big shout out to Kelsey Clark for sewing a crib skirt out of a twin sheet.
I LOVE this wall decal that is on the wall as soon as you enter the room- so sweet.

These built ins are kinda my favorite thing!
Changing table area
We filled in the frames with scrapbook paper until we get some newborn photos.
Love this navy dresser- it just needed to have switch of knobs to be a little more girly.


Just a simple mirror collection above the crib.
Just a little nook to rock little one to sleep.  The table is still a work in progress- needs a coat of paint and a new knob.

A very simple art display of fabric and sewing circles.

We couldn't just stop on the nursery- we had to jazz up the connecting bathroom as well. 



A HUGE thank you to my helpers (missing from pic is Kelsey Clark)- I know one little gal who will surely love this room! 2 weeks left!!

1 comment:

  1. Julie...where did you get your graphic wallpaper? I am on the prowl for a similar look for a bookcase in our kitchen at the lake. It is hard for me to buy it on line...because I want to see it AND feel it. I have a hunch I will not be able to do that...I am only finding wallpaper online. I LOVE what you have done with the nursery. You all are blessed! Enjoy.Every.Moment! (even these days before the big day...you will miss that feeling of life inside you :). Bobbi Gumino

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...