Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An Organized Baby...

Although I love to organize, I must say having a baby definitely adds a whole new element to the word STUFF.  A baby has tons of just it and if you don't have an organization plan all that stuff can start to take over.  Here are some easy tips to keeping organized as your baby grows.

CLOTHES:
A baby goes through clothes faster than you can get that kid in every item even just to take a picture.  Emersyn has so many packed away clothes with tags still on them.  So sad but honestly they just grow so fast that there aren't enough days or occasions to stick that adorable dress on her.  So be ready for this constant change in closest arrangement.  I bought large storage containers and labeled them with the months that coordinate with the clothes inside.


I have a bin for clothing labeled 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6 months, and I am currently filling a 9 month bin- caution moms this is SO SAD! I nearly cry every time I pack away these precious little clothes.

I would do this after each season or when Eme was getting too big for a section of clothes.  I will say she wore many clothes well past what the tag suggested- so don't pack away clothes until you are sure they no longer fit, and rethink outfits you like to fit the season.  (Example-Here's Eme rocking her overalls in the summer and then again in the winter with added tights and a flannel.)

Once you are sure they no longer fit pack them away immediately!  It is less daunting if you are simply packing away clothing from that month- this is a gradual process I clean out Eme's closet about every month.  
Then I can keep her closet organized by clothing type(dresses, onesies, pants, coats/sweaters) and full of clothes that fit her!
Now for organizing her shoe collection- I used a extension rod in her built-in shelves and attached her shoes to shower curtain clips.  I like how her shoes are hanging and easy to see.  I think this is better that having them all piled in a basket!


In Emersyn's closet is also her extensive collection of headbands.  I used an empty frame and attached some thick wire with staples to the back, creating a clothes line effect.  I then attach the headbands with small, metal craft clips purchased at Hobby Lobby.  Same idea as the shoes- if they are hanging and not crammed into a basket they are easier to see and select when getting your little one dressed.
Inside the baskets, I have placed socks, hats, tights, and extra bed sheets/changing pad covers.

Emersyn also has a dresser as her changing table which is organized with both clothes and other essentials.  I will post on that tomorrow!

Do you have questions about organizing kid STUFF? Let me know your dilemma and maybe I can help.  Or give me your ideas- I am always up for changing the way I stay organized!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa ~ Where do you find all those cute headbands? Don't tell me you and Jess make them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...