Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Power of a Dresser...


Okay let's move past the closet.  First, I would HIGHLY suggest using a dresser for you changing table.  To me this just makes good sense- it is normally the perfect height, serves multiple functions, and can go beyond just the nursery phase.  I think buying overly babyish items for a nursery is a waste of money- they are not babies for long and you want to get the most bang for your buck!  So I went with this navy dresser- my thought was navy is such a classic color that can either grow with Emersyn or be used in the next nursery for a boy or girl!  I just did a quick switch of hardware to give it a girly touch.


Now for using this dresser to its potential.  I will start with how I use it as a changing table.  On top I have your classic changing pad in a seafoam color to match the wall color. (Tip- buy lots of cheap changing pad covers- they get messy fast!!) Then I bought a cute tray from Target in this fun coral color, and I set it on a fabric square.  If you remember I used a twin size bed sheet for Emersyn's crib skirt (you can find that post here: A Nursery Ready for Baby) so I just used the pillow sheet as a place mat for the tray. 
 In the tray, I have the daily things you will be using such as a small basket of ready to go diapers and another matching small basket with diaper rash cream, lotion, a brush, tweezers, powder, and a wipes dispenser.  In the drawer below this tray I keep backups.  You will go through that small basket of diapers pretty fast so I like to keep the drawer full of diapers so it is easy to fill the basket when low.
In the two other top drawers I keep burp clothes and swaddle blankets with sleep sacks.


In the drawers below, I keep Emersyn's tights, onesies, and sleepers.  Tights are easily stored by rolling them up and storing in small plastic closet containers; I then organize them by size and style.  Onesies are organized with a drawer divider by long and short sleeves.  Finally sleepers are organized with a divider by style of material and size.  (All of the organization tools like the dividers and plastic containers I purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond).


With this dresser everything has a place and it is easy to keep organized!

3 comments:

  1. Julie this is a great thing for me to read as I get ready for BE!! You are seriously organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good- hope it helps in any way possible my next post is keeping all that other stuff other than clothes organized- honestly babies have so much stuff that having it organized it so helpful!! Excited to see you this weekend and hear more about how you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to c your panty drawer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...