Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Fresh Start

I love the positivity that a new year can bring.  It gives so many of us that push to start a new positive habit, quit a bad one, or really make the changes we’ve been putting off.  This year among many other personal resolutions, one was to redo my blog and get posting.  So my wonderful sister came over and spent many long and somewhat frustrating HOURS navigating the codes of HTML within blogger to make some changes. (all of this with a squirrelly 10 month old who was entertained with puffs scattered on the floor-ha)  We changed the header to reflect a sense of me and what my blog is about- life as a mom and decorating/organizing.  I now have link to my sister's blog, a list of categories for easy navigation of your desired topic, and a Pin It button so now it is easy for anyone to pin a picture straight from the blog.  We considered this a success for the day- but stayed tuned as I have other changes and additions still to come.

Next Resolution: Life Planner
Anyone who knows me could tell you I am a fan of organizing.  I am a firm believer that being organized helps everything run smoother!  At the beginning of every year, I actually look forward to buying a new monthly planner (I am not a cell phone calendar kind of girl).  This year my sister-in-law told me about these life planners by Erin Condren.  I had never heard of the company so I immediately looked into the planner, and honestly my first impression was that it was too expensive.  Then as the new year rolled around, I started to notice I had lists and notes written on so many different note pads that I couldn’t keep things organized.  So, you guessed it, I went back on-line looking at the Erin Condren Life Planners.  I thought with an area to keep monthly plans, daily meals and workouts, to do lists,notes of all kinds, and other misc. items, it might be time to give this planner a try.

Your first step is to visit the website erincondren.com and select your design.  From there you can select other add ons such as personalized stickers, pens, bookmarks, etc.  I decided to go with the basic package of just the planner and of course I selected the one with 
pictures!

Here’s how I am using it so far- I’ve only had it a day in these pictures.  

Keep all your important dates organized in a monthly list.
Monthly Calendar with stickers to keep track of important days and schedules.
Preprinted stickers and blank stickers to personalize came with the basic planner.
Week days are divided to easily keep track of meals and exercise below.
Note pad paper to keep track of other notes.
The planner comes with folder tabs and personalized stickers as well.
Overall, I think if you decided to use this planner as the house for all your planning, lists, and other items the cost is worth it!  Is it sad that I am this excited about a planner!  Hey it’s the small things!
On a side note, I still use a small clipboard with paper for my grocery list.  I like the ability of taking my list with me in my pocket!
Both of these will be kept in this organizer from Ballards Design.  It is an easy way to keep that mail and other items organized and not all over the counter.

Shout outs that need to happen- my talented sister for her help with designing my new blog look.  Check her out at www.jessicastoutdesign.blogspot.com (ps- her blog got a new year makeover as well)  Also to Kelsey Clark the creative and ever so talented gal behind the images in my header and the amazing company Apples and Honey Photography.  I am very lucky to be surrounded by other women who keep me creative!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Julie!! So glad you are "back"! I always love your posts and seeing all that you have done! (And...I LOVE your planner/calendar...that is definitely right up my alley!!!) Keep on doing what you are doing! I love it!
    Love,
    Gracia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...