Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Recap

After a little vacation to the Bahamas, I found it hard to get back into my normal routine of blogging at night.  So after a week or so off, I thought I would give you a little Mother's Day recap.
I want to start by saying my mom is honestly one of the MOST IMPORTANT people in my life!! The relationship I have with her is the main reason I so badly wanted to have a daughter.  She is one of my best friends and all of the time I spend with her is cherished.  So when my sweet girl Emersyn was born I knew the relationship with my mom would only grow stronger, and I could begin creating a relationship with my own daughter that I can only hope will be like mine with my mom!

This Mother's Day weekend was pretty perfect!  The weather was perfect so we spent tons of time outside.  Eme stayed all night at my mom's house while I visited with a group of girlfriends.  She loved being out in the country with animals and fresh air!  Grandpa took Eme on a lot of walks around the pond, to see the dogs, to sit in his new 'toy'- this fancy quad/golf cart thing.  Eme wanted to drive it and go for a ride.

Then we had dinner outside at a local pizza place.  Emersyn had us all cracking up.  She randomly picked up her sippy cup and wanted to "CHEERS" it with Uncle Aaron.  Every time we would say "CHEERS" she would hold out her sippy cup, clink his glass and toss back her milk.  She was in a celebrating kind of mood!

We spent Sunday taking walks, having great breakfast out, and running errands to get all of our outdoor items for the summer.  Emersyn got a new pair of sunglasses and she wore them all day.  She was so stinkin cute!!!  We stopped by a playground for a bit to get her use to a swing. (right now she does not like her swing at home)  She was more interested in the mulch on the ground, so we were there for a whopping 10 minutes- but it was fun!







We finished the weekend with our monthly family dinner (with my brother and sister and their spouses) outside on a patio.  It really was the perfect weekend of family, sun, and tons of fun!!  Hope your Mother's Day was just as great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...