Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Favorite: Lighting

Let me just say 'I LOVE lighting!'  it is something I normally always notice in homes, and I truly believe that lighting can completely transform a room.  So when I first began the home building process I thought lighting would be a fun thing to select.  I am sad to report that lighting is quickly becoming something that is overwhelming me!
Our home is pretty open concept, but also has distinct rooms within that space.  So the issue that creates is selecting lighting that is not too matchy, matchy but has an overall style flow.  No problem I thought.  So what's the problem... I like too many things and I am having the hardest time deciding on which overall lighting feel I want.  And once I decide the feel I want then I am left with the question of what finish (antiqued gold, silver, black, bronze).  I find that I like some modern fixtures while still loving the country cottage look.  How do I decide and make all of my lighting styles work together???!!!
While I stress over something that really doesn't need to be given this many hours of thought, I will give you some of the fixtures I have my eye on.











Which of these do you all like?  Any lighting suggestions right now are so very welcome.  The hubby's opinion only revolves around price (men).  So I am turning to my talented designer Jessica Stout Design for some major guidance on this one- I am about burnt out on all this decision making.

On an exciting update, we have drywall installed and stone on the outside!!! Progress makes me happy!!

We had a slight nervous 'ahhhh' moment when we saw the stone mortar as such a dark color.  We want everything to be very light and blend all together... we have been assured it will dry MUCH lighter!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...