Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday Favorite- Custom Home Portrait

As Miranda Lambert sang, "this is the house that built me..."  I believe that a home does in fact build us in a way.  No matter how big, small, clean, messy... it is not the home itself but what fills it.  The people, love, laughter, tears, lessons learned, moments shared, and ultimately the memories made in that home create our lives.  That home serves as a concrete symbol of a childhood, a new beginning, a place where lives were shaped.

I have several homes that have strong memories within them and that is when I thought about my blog's theme...
sometimes you don't know the power of a moment until it becomes a memory.  I decided I wanted to try something new.  So I called my mom and asked for a photo of my grandparent's home.  This is a home that is filled with some of my most favorite memories!
Grandma's tea and toast when I was sick or her famous milkshakes.  Cousins filling this house to the brim at holidays.  Exploring the woods over the side of the hill (kinda seems dangerous now), sledding in the winter.  I can literally remember each room vividly, and I remember being so sad when they decided to move.  They raised all seven kids in this home and watched another 18 grand kids fill it with love- it was the perfect home to paint.

Here is the picture my mom sent...

The new owners have since painted the house blue.  It was more of a barn red when my grandparents lived there.  I first drew it all in pencil, then went over a few details in a Micron Pen, and finished with watercolor paint.




I am so excited to share this painting with them as a Christmas gift!!  This is my Friday Favorite Post because it is my favorite new listing on my Etsy Shop.  I can't wait to hopefully paint many homes that have created memories for others or possibly a new home that is just waiting for a family to fill it with love.
Find my custom home portrait listed in the Etsy Shop NOW!!!

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...