Monday, June 4, 2012

Chalkboard Moments


I am not sure what it is about a chalkboard but I LOVE them!  Could be the teacher thing:)  I started seeing all these cute chalkboards on pinterest and started getting the need to have one somewhere in my house. After lots of searching, I finally found a large frame on super sale 80% off!! Then headed to Lowes to have a piece of wood cut to size.  After a few coats of paint on the frame and board, my husband nailed it all together, and I was ready to go with some fun sayings!!!  I love the idea of using it for many different purposes- whether it be an inspiring quote, a fun countdown, or a to do list- the ideas and fun ways to use it are endless!  Here is what I have used it for so far...

I finished the board during a time when I needed a quote about HOPE... Looking at this each day reminded me  keep HOPE above anything else!
Then I changed it for my sister's bridal shower- it was a perfect place to display their love story!

Right after the bridal shower- I turned it into a fun countdown for vacation- I took this as we left for the airport!


Right now, as summer is about to officially start, my husband and I are using it as our summer BUCKET list... here's to checking off all the moments on that list to create a wonderful summer of memories!

Sorry for the less than great pictures- MUST BUY A NEW CAMERA!!


1 comment:

  1. I have been searching for a similar chalkboard...love the DIY idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...