Thursday, July 19, 2012

A DIY Fashionable Moment

I think I love fashion just as much as I love house decorating and organizing!  If you saw my closet post- you know I have a sweet spot for jewelry.  It doesn't have to be expensive- which is why I LOVE these new bracelets that I made.  I think they are not only easy to make but very stylish.  I love the look of stacked dainty bracelets.  Here is a little how to moment...

First start with your supplies of embroidery yarn and center charms.  You can find these at any craft store.

I found a few really cute charms at the website: www.baublesandbeads.com 

Start by cutting two 20in strips of the yarn.  Fold in half and pull the loop of the yarn through the ring, fold it over the ring, and pull the rest of the cord through the loop. Repeat the step on the other side of the ring. These strands will be anchored and remain stationary.

Clip one end to a note pad or clipboard to help keep the base stable.

Center another strand of the yarn cut to about 30 in. under the two middle strands. Fold the left cord over the middle strands and under the right cord. Pull the right cord under the left and middle strands and through the loop on the left side.



Pull tightly to start the top.


Continue this on each side, fold the right cord over the middle strands and under the left cord. Pull the left cord under the right and middle strands and through the loop on the right side.  Repeat this back and forth until you have the length of half your bracelet.  Then clip the other side and repeat.


Here is a completed bracelet ready for the finishing touches.

Tie on the closing clamp of your choice.


Here are a few I made within an hour tv show!


There you have it- dainty, stackable bracelets!  

2 comments:

  1. You are being so productive this summer! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH- PRODUCTIVE DOING NON-SCHOOL THINGS!! HAHA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...