Thursday, July 12, 2012

Easy Art


I love finding a way to create easy and interesting art for the home.  This fun idea is something I saw for sale on esty.com and thought... I can make that!  So I tried it out today and I am hooked.  I want to create one for every room in my house!  Here is a step by step so you too can try it out.

Start with old dictionaries found at your local Goodwill.

Create your image on your computer and do a practice print for size and a location check.

Then tear out a  page of the dictionary and tape it to the computer paper.

Then simply reprint the image onto the page that has the dictionary page taped on it.  You can even hand select the dictionary page you use based on the words found on that page.  I used the dictionary page with the word 'love' on it for my husband and my initials.  Can you eye spy 'love' on the page?.... hint: look in the M.

Then simply cut to the size of your selected frame.

Here is the finished project located on a dresser in our master bedroom.

The same can be done with a large dictionary page.

Select images you want and do a practice print.

Reprint onto the dictionary page.


I framed this page with sea shells for my dining room buffet table- it sits among a collection of items including a piece of drift wood.

Note: When searching for images I used a simple google search.  I would suggest adding the word drawing to your item search.  For example to find the boat I Google Image searched: drawings of boats.  If you add in the word drawings it brings you more artistic pictures rather than literal images.


Then I got excited about all the images that could be put onto a dictionary page for different rooms in someone's home.  I love the look of the boat or old ferris wheel for a child's room; you could do fruit or other spices for the kitchen.  The ideas are endless!  What image would you put onto dictionary paper?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so, this is all kinds of awesome. Great ideas as always, Molyneux!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...