Friday, July 6, 2012

A Healthy Organization

Summer is a great time to get HEALTHY- well anytime is a good time!  I have always eaten rather healthy, and I am a big believer in you will eat what you buy.  Therefore, I only buy healthy options to keep in the house!  As I was wanting to eat healthy this summer, I wanted to clean out my refrigerator and give it a healthy/organized make over.  I started with keeping it clean and organized.  I found a great website called refrigerator coasters.  They have created a coaster that fits into the side panels and the drawers- bonus... they have cute patterns and colors.  Needless to say I order them right away.  When they came in the mail I loved them except for one tiny detail.  They felt like a coaster- the hard cardboard type.  Bummer! I really wanted something a bit more durable and wipeable.  So I took them and got each one laminated.  Now I can take them out and wipe them down to keep them clean.  I have found it much easier to clean them compared to cleaning my drawers.

I selected yellow for the side panels and grey for the drawers.


While organizing the side panels of the refrigerator, check the expiration dates on all the dressing, condiments, and other items stored there.









Finally, after your refrigerator is clean and organized take a close look at the foods you are putting back inside.  I am keeping my mantra of... if you cut and clean it, you will eat it! So often I buy fruits and veggies and they sit in their store containers and go bad.  However, if I get home from the store and immediately clean, cut, and restore these items I and my husband reach for these healthy snacks more!  These little cute coasters inspired me to clean my refrigerator and get healthy all at the same time!!  Hope you are inspired as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...