Monday, December 10, 2012

Finishing Touches

I did a post a few months ago showing my kitchen paint job.  I must say I LOVE this color and I am happy I finally painted.  But after looking at the wall with the plain basket weave place mats- they no longer popped the way I wanted. 

I needed a way to to make this easy and affordable art make a larger impact now that the walls were a darker color.  I decided to frame each place mat.  I used simple and cheap white frames from IKEA. 


I had a slight problem when I noticed the white mat was larger than the place mat.  I needed a fast and easy solution.
My solution- paint the corners the color of the wall.

Painting the empty space in each corner the color of the wall took away from a spot that was standing out.

I love that these simple place mats from Pier 1 look like art with a little framing help from Ikea.  Each cost about $3 per place mat and the frames were $20.00.  
Much more noticeable as you enter the house through the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...