Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Nursery Inspirations

Now that we found out we are having a little girl, it is time to start this nursery.  I will be working with my designer sister, Jessica, to create a nursery that is not so babyish.  Something this little lady can grow into and enjoy for years to come.  I am not an overly pink, frilly kind of person so my goal is to create a nursery with a colorful combination of modern pieces with antique finds.  One thing I know for sure- I will not be shopping at a big box store where everything matches.  Oh no!! I can't wait to hit the local boutiques and antique stores.  Below are just a few pictures from Pinterest that are ideas that I am enjoying.  Stay tuned for lots of nursery update!
A simple, white Jenny Lind crib is the way I will be going.  It is cute but totally affordable.  I have no need for a crib that turns into a bed.  I also like the simple white sheet with a more decorative skirt.  Bedding is hard to find in cute patterns- this might be a make yourself project.

I think stripes on the ceiling in a bold color makes an awesome statement.  We have textured ceilings so we will have to test this out but I would love to try it!

I like that this picture shows how an antique piece of furniture can be painted and used for a changing table. 

This color combo is something I could do- peach, pink/coral, mint, turquoise, navy, gray- all great colors!

I love a pop of yellow!

This mint/sea glass color is something I could see for a wall color.

These sewing circles are such a fun and easy way to introduce lots of fun fabrics in small affordable amounts!
There you have it- just a few moments that I have found to be inspiring for this room to be!  Can't wait to shop this weekend! Updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...