Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It's Time to Play!!

For the past 6-8 months our 'play room' was being used as a storage unit for my brother and sister in law until they moved.  Well they got all moved into their new home, so that means it is time to start creating a little room simply to PLAY in!  I have been thinking about this playroom for some time now, so I thought to start off I would just share my inspiration photos found through Pinterest.  All pins are located on my board titled: Eme's Playroom Project

First up the color scheme is going to be grounded with a strong black and white contrast with pops of mint and gold.  I have my eye on a few IKEA rugs with some great black and white patterns, and I am also thinking black and white stripes for a statement wall.




My next must have for the playroom is a teepee!!!  I love the idea of curling up with my sweet pea in a cozy little spot to read books, tell stories, and make memories.  I have been searching on Etsy for the perfect teepee that of course I will add my own touch to.



To go with that teepee I have my eye on some great shelves from IKEA to line the corner with tons of book choices.

Also in the room, I want to have a craft table of some kind.  A place to draw, paint, and simply be creative.  I love this one with a roll of paper attached with supplies close by.


My last project is a kitchen refurbished from some sort of dresser or entertainment center.  I love the look of this adorable mint kitchen.  This is a project that I will need my sister from Jessica Stout Design to help with!

There are other great pictures on my Pinterest board but those are a few of the staple ideas I have for the room.  Stay tuned as the room comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...