Thursday, October 16, 2014

Emersyn's Playroom Phase 1

After a long thought out plan and a SLOW installation process, Emersyn finally has a fun place to go and play!  Remember where this all started... just a few inspiration pictures.  Those can be found in the past post It's Time to Play.  After lots of shopping all around town at places such as: Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, Lowes, Target, and a massive IKEA run, I finally had all the needed pieces to pull this room together.
Speaking of pieces- this is the playroom in the millions of pieces that IKEA gets a kick out packaging their products.  So we spent a Sunday with a little Super Why on the big tv for Eme and lots of picture directions for us!
Look at that sweet girl just sitting in her empty playroom just waiting for some fun to be brought in!
Yes... Super Why captures her full attention.
First step was painting the whole room a soft shade of white.  WHITE?!  I've never painted a room white- with the intention of leaving it just white.  But I wanted the room to be bright and airy since it is in our basement, I also plan to bring in color in lots of other ways. 
I wanted some bold black stripes on one wall to really make the room have a pop of interest.  So my mom and I used a small level to draw the stripes on with pencil first.  I HIGHLY recommend a level that has laser that shines out a straight line directly on the wall.  That would of made this a ton easier and it would have saved the missed measured lines and all the redoing.  Live and Learn
After all lines were lightly drawn on with pencil,  we then taped each line off and marked the sections to paint black.


Let's be honest, painting stripes is a job but they sure do look awesome when finished.  Can't wait to show you how we decorated this bold black and white wall!
Just wanted to show this BORING light fixture!  I really wish this room had can lights but it doesn't and this thing has got to go!  Solution to come...
This little gal kept pulling on my shorts giving me this look like... "Is it done yet?"
ALMOST sweet girl!
Stay tuned to see the final room photos!  I LOVE how it turned out and I think Eme does too!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...