Sunday, October 11, 2015

Moving and Building...

Well after living in our lovely home for 5 years we decided it was time to move on.  Let me start by saying when we moved into this home my husband and I both stated...."This is a house we could be in forever and not need to move."



You can find an entire tour of this house on the House #1 Moments page at the top.  Fast forward 5 years and suddenly we were wanting more storage space, a flat driveway, not so many neighbors in our backyard view, and other things.  It was a hypothetical conversation until suddenly we were looking at an offer on our home that wasn't even on the market.  We took it as a sign and packed up our things over a weekend.  It all happened very quick- as movers sat in our driveway, neighbors slowed as they drove by... I am sure a bit confused.  We sold a lot, stored a lot, and rented a town home in the downtown area.


 
This move was a bit hard at the beginning especially for Emersyn.  She cried the first few days saying she didn't like to move and wanted to go home.  Talk about breaking my heart.  However, this new spot is filled with fun places to walk and activities going on.  I think she is really loving it!

As we live here in this town house living our 'city' life, we are building our dream home and what will be (mark my words) the LAST home we build or move to in a VERY, VERY long time!!! Or that is the plan at least!

So I thought it would be fun to go back to my old FRIDAY FAVORITE series and focus on the house.  I will share progress pics, inspiration pics, and the whole lovely process!!

Let's start with the lot.  We are in love with the fact that we have no neighbors on our right side and no neighbors behind us.  To be in a neighborhood that we love but to still have trees as our view!!!!- we consider ourselves pretty lucky we snagged this lot!!!



Check back Friday for my first FRIDAY FAVORITE-HOME EDITION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...