Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter Decor, Fashion, and More

I am happy to have a year when Easter falls a little later on the calendar.  Last year it was so early being at the end of March- Emersyn was only about two weeks old so we didn't really get to do much.  So this year I was extra excited to decorate the house with some fun Easter decor and create a little basket for Emersyn.
I like to keep my Easter/Spring decor simple and fresh feeling with bright colors and fresh flowers.  I only select a few key areas in the main room of our home to add small touches of decor.
This cute stitched banner is from Target and fits perfectly across the sofa table.
Having fresh flowers when decorating for spring is really a MUST!  This simple, single stem of hydrangea is perfect.  This driftwood bunny is new from Home Goods.  I love that it looks like this from both sides so I can place it on the sofa table and it looks nice from all angles.

Forsythia is another flower that I think is best for spring decor.  I love the pop of color these simple fake stems bring to the main living area.



Adding bright, spring pillows is such an easy way to lighten and brighten a room.



After putting a few spring touches around the house, I started to put together Emersyn's Easter basket.  She is still too little to really care much about a basket, so I kept it pretty simple with a new Easter flip up book, just a few eggs that I will fill with Cheerios or Puffs, and a fun little 'first crayon' activity book.




Finally, I picked out the two outfits Emersyn will be wearing for our Easter festivities.  Saturday we are having our large family gathering with lunch and egg hunts.  I wanted her to be in something a bit more casual and warm since we will be outside most of the day.  On Sunday, we will be going to church with family so she can get a bit more dressed up for that.
Saturday's Outfit- top and pants from Baby Gap, shoes from Old Navy and headband from Etsy.
Cardigan from Gap, dress from Oshkosh, headband from Etsy, shoes from Old Navy

Emersyn was crawling around the hall way when I took these pictures.  She crawled over and grabbed the cardigan and REALLY wanted to put it on- RIGHT AWAY!  She tried hard at it too!!!
"Ohh- I love this cardigan mom! I better try it on!"
"I know it goes up here somehow..."
"Yes... I remember through the arms..."
"So I put my arms out and then what?..."
"Geesh Mom... this is trickier than I thought!"
Love that little lady and the daily smiles she brings to my face!!!  Excited to share all of our Easter fun with you next week.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...