Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Our Easter Joy

We really had such a blessed Easter weekend with friends and family.  We spent Saturday back home in the country.  It was the perfect day to be outside for a little egg hunt, real bunnies, a lovely lunch, and  tons of fun!
They had a box of REAL bunnies- so of course I had to give Emersyn an up close look.
She was fine with the bunnies in the box but didn't love when they were out an near her!  She is not exactly an animal girl.
She was way more interested in the pretty pin wheels stuck throughout the yard. 
Taking a stroll with grandma- well she REALLY wants to be able to stroll:)
She decided cruising around was good enough!




She was so sweet sitting with Daddy- opening each egg.  Wondering why they were empty:)

Do you notice all these adults wondering through the woods... well let me tell you, they are not wondering.  They are on a serious adult Easter "Egg" Hunt for miniature liquor bottles.  I mean I really love my family- we are fun!!

Ian found 5 little bottles! SCORE- we will be packing those away for our upcoming trip!
I have to include this picture of my grandma and grandpa because on this Easter they celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary!! May we all be so lucky to have such love in our lives!!

Easter Sunday we went to a lovely service with my sister and brother in law.  Emersyn did so well in church.  She was smiling and making friends.  The lady behind me leaned forward and asked me if she was always this happy.  Gosh that made me smile- because- YES, she is such a happy little girl!  Then we enjoyed a wonderful brunch!


After brunch I sat out Emersyn's Easter basket for her to explore.  She was very careful while searching through it with such a curious face.  

We then spent the rest of the day playing outside!  It really was a perfect weekend!  Only makes me that much more ready for SUMMER!!!!  Hope you each had a wonderful Easter with friends and family as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...