Monday, March 17, 2014

A Very Happy Day...

Well it happened... my sweet girl turned one!!!  How did this year go by so fast?  As I started to prep for her little party I didn't want an over the top theme- for a couple of reasons.  One- themes have never really been my thing and two- I didn't want to spend a lot of money.  With that said, I went with the color scheme from Eme's room and the idea of 'Time Flies' with bird accents.  



ALL of the decorations were either DIY projects or existing decor from rooms in our house.  I first created this little 'time flies' banner with scrapbook paper and yarn.  Then printed the photos I took of Eme each month.  It was really fun to see at how she had changed throughout the year.

I already have this DIY yellow painted plate rack in my kitchen so I decided to use it as the background for the cake eating/smashing area.  I filled it with items that represented Emersyn's first year.  The clock stopped at 10:09 (her birth time), the yarn wrapped E, bird rocker, and two pictures were all from her nursery.  The peach bird came from our guest room and the small IKEA plant always stays on this shelf.  I just added a little fresh hydrangea and made a super easy fabric banner.  I also made a little banner out of scrapbook paper saying ONE for her high chair.


I wanted to display as many pictures as possible for guests to enjoy, so I used our sofa table as the perfect little display area.  I simply covered it with some scrap black and white striped fabric and added these cardboard letters spelling ONE which I covered with scrapbook paper, lots of framed photos, fresh flowers, the DIY love sign, and a bird or two.

I also used the counter tops as a space to display memories.  Along with the desserts, I had more framed pictures, my pregnancy journal, and a shadow memory box.


I have been keeping track of Emersyn's changes, likes, dislikes and more each month on our chalkboard.  So for her birthday I wanted to create an overview of what she is like at 12 months.


On to the real fun... the CAKE!  We ordered this sweet little ombre cake from our local Kroger for $4.99!! What a deal!! I made the little banner with yarn, scrapbook paper, and kabob sticks.

Emersyn was so sweet- with a dainty finger she gently took a scoop of icing for tasting.  No big mess or face smashing here...Oh No- my little lady took small bites at a time with her legs crossed under her high chair!  She really melts my heart!!  The little pink and gold crown Emersyn is wearing was made by my sister.  She tells you how on her blog- check that out here!




On to the presents!! Emersyn was spoiled with lots of fun toys ready for outside play this summer!  I think her favorite gift was this sweet little tea set.  She sat and played with that for most of the afternoon.


It was certainly a wonderful day celebrating our sweetheart!!  Side note- Emersyn did not take a nap for this WHOLE day- apparently it is her party and she'll do what she wants:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...