Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Favorite: The Perfect Snack

Well it's Friday again- but this Friday is a BIG one for me!  I just completed my first week as a working mom!  It was HARD!! It was LONG!! There were lots of tears from Emersyn and from me!!  But we are here- FRIDAY, and we now live for weekends like everyone else.  I could go on and on about the emotional roller coaster of emotions this week brought but I will spare you the spiel and get straight to my favorites this week.
I realized this week being organized is the only way I am going to survive this whole working mom thing.  I need to know what Eme and I are having for lunches each day and they need to be packed the evening before.  I must create a menu on Sunday of our dinners and have the ingredients ready or dinners might not happen.  This week I had two of my all time favorite granola bars with me at all times and they saved me.  I had one for breakfast some days and for a snack in the afternoon just about every day.  Granola/protein bars can get tricky.  There are so many to choose from and so many that are just plain bad for you.  I have two favorites: KIND Bars and Lara Bars.  These two are at the top of my list because of the ingredients.  Both brands are all natural with a clear and simple list of ingredients such as: almonds, dates, honey, crisp rice, dark chocolate, and other REAL items- no artificial stuff.  I have found that both of these brands fill me up but don't hurt my stomach (which other bars with fake sugar and other processed ingredients do).


My favorite KIND Bars are the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and Fruit and Nut.


My favorite Lara Bar is the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter.
If you haven't tried these two granola/protein bar brands I would highly recommend them.  They get my vote for FAVORITE this week!
On a side note here is sweet Emersyn having lunch on her 2nd day of TOTS.  I guess she looks like she's okay:)


I am exhausted from this week- here is a quick pic of my morning coffee from the Keurig.  Opps- guess I forgot one important step- mug in the holder not on the counter as the coffee brews out! LOVELY... because I had tons of time to clean and make a new cup.


Friday never felt so good!!!

2 comments:

  1. You made it to Friday! I am so proud of you! See how quick that flew by! Don't worry, we have all done this with the coffee -- or made coffee and forgot to grab it on the way out, or I have even sat it on the top of my car and forgot about it, or the best is when you spill it on your lap while driving into work! And I only have myself to get ready in the morning! :) It is good to know you are normal like the rest of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Jess thanks for your support! Miss hanging with you throughout the week!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...