Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Look Back: Pregnancy Journal

As my sweet little lady is getting close to turning one, I have been looking back to my time carrying her for nine months and the day we welcomed her into this world.  During my pregnancy, I started a pregnancy journal that recorded how I was feeling and small milestones.  I used our chalkboard to record the week and moments to remember.  I then answered a series of the same questions each week to show the changes a pregnancy can bring.  I would take a picture each week, answer the questions, and load them into an online picture book.  I used a program called Mixbook which is similar to Shutterfly, both sites are great for creating digital scrapbooks.  I would recommend doing this if you have the time- I usually did my photo and questions on Sundays.  Now that Emersyn is here and almost one, I love looking back at this book.  It's crazy to me that she was inside of me living and growing!  It's almost like the minute she was born I forgot what being pregnant was like.  It's kind of weird to look at myself with such a big belly.  That's why I cherish this book.  It documents my feelings and thoughts on the journey to having our sweet girl.  I think Emersyn will like looking at it one day.  I've selected just a few pages to show you, I documented weekly as well as big moments like the gender reveal, my baby shower, decorating the nursery.  I hope this inspires some of you to journal and document the most amazing 9 months!











Weekly Questions to Answer-
How far along?
Weight gain?
Maternity Clothes?
Sleep?
Movement?
Food Cravings?
Anything making you sick or queasy?
Starting to show?
Gender?
Other thoughts?

I'm excited to share the digital scrapbook I've been working on for Emersyn's first year and plans for her first birthday!  Wow, time truly does fly!!

2 comments:

  1. One of the time in life when you feel some excitement from inside of you and you want to jump like children but you control your emotions and this is the over excitement which brings pains and Physiotherapy North Ryde provides relief in such cases.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...