Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Prepping for Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is only a few days away, and I am scrabbling to come up with some fun ways to celebrate this year.  This will be our first Valentine's with little Emersyn so I wanted to create a fun little photo shoot to send in cards to her grandparents.  With the help of my sister, we set up a little scene with the high hopes Emersyn would sit in her chair and smile.  I should have known that was not going to happen.  Emersyn is not real big on sitting still these days.  The sequence of these pictures pretty much depicts how this so called photo shoot went.


Love her look here- it clearly says, "I'm not in the mood for a photo shoot today!"

Trying a little sucker for a prop...
"OHHH... that was tasty!"
This is the little stinker look she gave me just before she tossed her arms in the air and...
went all loose and slithered right down out of the chair.


Oh well- I moved the cute banners to her crib and let her stand for at least one usable picture.  I'm sure her grandparents will enjoy it, after all that, they better;)


I also wanted to create a few cute little gifts for my husband from Emersyn.  We hit up our local Hobby Lobby and bought a small burlap canvas and some craft paint.  First, I drew the l and o with pencil so I knew where the placement of her feet for the v would need to be.


I put Emersyn in her bumbo seat so she couldn't squirm away.  I painted her feet as her toes curled and she let out little laughs (melts my heart); then I carefully pressed them on the canvas creating a v with each foot.
Then, I put in the e with pencil and painted the remaining letters with white craft paint.  Finally, I used a metallic gold craft pen and drew a border around the canvas and signed Emersyn's name with the year.  I used a peach color, rather than red, for her feet because I wanted it to be a spring color that I could keep out longer than just February.  I love the way it turned out!






Do you have any fun ideas for crafty Valentine's Day gifts?  Stay tuned for another post this week about more Valentine's Day DIY projects, home decor, and treats on Thursday and don't forget Friday Favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...