Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Favorites: Arrows


Welcome to my first Friday Favorites post!  I will be using Fridays to post about things that are quickly becoming favorites- this will vary from fashion finds, beauty, health, baby, decor- you name it.  Tune is every Friday to see what is on my favorites list.
Jessica and I have always been sisters that shop together and end up turning around with the same items selected.  So when we were chatting about our blogs it didn't surprise me that we had both decided to feature a similar trend.  Jessica just focused on arrows for her 'Trend Spotting' post this week- check that post out here.  You might have noticed that arrows seem to be popping up everywhere lately.  It is a symbol that may hold meaning to some and might just look pretty to others.  I don't have any deep connection with arrows but I sure do find myself drawn to anything with them on it!  I did find this arrow quote that I quite like!

If you are like me and enjoy this trend there are lots of different ways to bring arrows into your life.  Refer to Jessica Stout Design to see how arrows can be brought into your home decor, but here are some other fun arrow ideas.
First, I purchased a return stamp with a fun arrow detail around the last name line.  I liked the font used and thought the arrows gave it a fun trendy look but not one I would get tired of.  I found this design at www.jane.com


I also found the cutest arrow mid ring at Urban Outfitters.  I love the way it looks with my simple circle ring from a designers' market in NYC.



Of course I had to bring a little arrow love into Emersyn's life as well.  I found these adorable onesies on Etsy.com.  I think they are so cute and would work for a boy or girl.  I decided to make Emersyn a similar one with just a white onesie and some fabric markers.  I just drew some arrows on the onesie and tossed it in the washer and dryer to set the markers, and now Emersyn has a trendy little arrow onesie!









Finally, I will be purchasing an arrow headband for Eme as soon as I can decide which to get, they are all so cute!


3. headband source: http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlehighbury 

Hope you enjoyed a few fun ways to bring this arrow trend into your life.  See you next Friday for a fun Valentine's Day inspired favorites list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...