Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Eye of a Photographer

Should I spend money on a photographer?  Trust me I understand this question can be hard to answer.  We all work hard for our money and how we spend that money matters.  It was only when one of my very best friends started her own photography company that I started to understand just how valuable what they do can be.  I have a fancy/expensive camera but I am NO professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination.  So although I have nice looking snap shots here and there, they do not come close to what a true photographer can capture.  I love filling my home with pictures of moments that are creating my life.  I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures of my family that were captured by Kelsey Clark from Apples and Honey Photography.  Get ready for a picture overload!! 

Maternity photos:






Newborn photos:









3 month photos:










This is a Hungry Caterpillar inspired photo shoot that Kelsey created.  Emersyn is 6 months here.














These photos are ones that I will cherish forever and I look forward to having Kelsey capture more life moments.  Super excited for Emersyn's one year photos!

HOW TO SELECT A PHOTOGRAPHER:
I am extremely lucky because I have Kelsey as a talented friend that I can easily turn to for amazing pictures.  However, if you don't have some connection with a photographer, I think selecting the right one can be tricky and get overwhelming.  Being comfortable in front of a camera is hard for just about every one especially the guys, so feeling at ease with your photographer is so important.  That person is there to make you feel as natural as possible with a camera clicking away!  That's why selecting the right photographer is so important.  Make sure it is someone that you have met with before and felt a sense of ease with.  Not only do personalities have to aline but styles and ultimate outcome should be similar as well.  Talk to the photographer about their style and search their blog or website for past photo shoots.  Take note of what you like or did not like about the photos taken from the photographer.  Don't be afraid to voice what you are looking for as an end product or photos you are drawn to.  I know I like photos that feel more like moments happening that were captured rather than an outfit matching/smile at the camera shot.  However, I know I need to get at least one smile at the camera shot for grandparents wanting to frame a traditional photo.  Style is very important- make sure you know your style and preference before hiring a photographer, spending that precious money, and not being happy with the results.  Take the time to find the right fit for you and your loved ones- this will hopefully ensure final pictures you love and a relationship with a phtographer that can capture life moments for years!

If you like the style from the photos above and want to look at more of Kelsey's work you can find her past shoots at her site Apples and Honey Photography- she is truly the sweetest and has an amazingly creative eye for what makes a photo a lifelong cherished moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...