Friday, February 14, 2014

More Valentine's Day Moments

Happy Valentine's Day!  Sorry this post was suppose to go up yesterday but honestly I could not get anywhere to get flowers for my post idea.  So I just waited until this morning when my hubby left me flowers and used some of them! haha- LAZY!
Okay here is my Valentine's Day flower arrangement.  First you will need classic conversation hearts, flowers of your choice, and two vases.  Now the vases are the most important part!  They need to be around the same height and one needs to fit nicely into the other, leaving extra room surrounding it.  Make sense...?  I selected a small square vase and just a bud vase to go inside.  First, fill the smaller vase with water and add your flowers.



Then, place this vase into the larger vase and slowly fill around with your candy heart until large vase is full and small vase is secure.



That's It!!! I think it is so cute and festive!   Ideally this would have been done like Monday of this week but oh well that's life with a baby!



When my husband and I first met we lived in the same apartment complex, and he use to leave small notes and treats on my car for me to find in the morning.  Even as we got married and now live together, he still will leave a card now and then on my car seat or in my suitcase when I travel.  This is just one of the reasons I love him- so I thought creating an "I love you because..." frame would be perfect for us.  I love the idea of putting the small reasons you love the person you are with into words on a daily basis.  So often life gets busy and we forget to say thank you for small things that really are the big things in life.  I purchased a frame at Target that would match our home decor and just wrote "I love you because..." on the matting of the picture.  


I like the idea of writing what is permanent on the matting so I could switch out the center colors according to seasons.  For the center just select any scrapbook paper or fabric that you want (just make sure it is light enough to be able to see the writing on top).  I played around with some spare fabric and settled on a coral pattern for Valentine's Day, but I love the yellows which I will probably switch to for spring.







I plan on putting this frame on the counter that holds a candle and our mail; it is a place that we use everyday.  I wrote a note to Ian from Emersyn and wrapped it up for a surprise.  I'm excited to use this frame as a reminder to show appreciation for the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...